Thursday, April 16, 2009

Final Destination: Whitecourt

We arrived in Whitecourt on Easter Monday, and were welcomed with love by the other South African medical couples. The apartment (condo!) that we are renting from our friends is lovely and had been stocked with rusks, fresh food, a freezer full of meat and frozen meals, flowers and chocolates. As a settling in present it snowed, covering the ground and our newly borrowed Ford 4x4 truck with white powder.

The last few days have been taken up with setting up bank accounts, cell phone (mobiles) contracts, land line phone, internet, movie contract and everything else that modern daily living requires. Tomorrow we are going into Edmonton where Craig has his appointment with the College of Medicine, and we will also stop past IKEA (wonderful place!) to find new furnishings for our new home.

Our new condo:


Snow on our first night - borrowed truck, left hand drive: poor Craigy!









5 comments:

  1. OMG this looks absolutely amazing...where's my room though?
    and snow to welcome you...oh u 2 are sooo lucky, im so green with envy right now.
    Miss you two

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's there - but there are no photos cos it's not decorated yet - we are waiting for some money to come in! will put up photos of our room soon tho. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bag looks Faboosh! Your bag gets to travel the world and my Cullen has to go to the country. So not cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - dang that place looks stunning, oh wow, envy envy and not the Gucci fragrance :P

    The place looks amazing & the car is so American, I'm sure it'll be a fun toy for Craigy!

    PS: Love to tulips on the lable, my fav. flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sarah & Craig
    I like your snow very much. I want mummy to bring me to your house. I'm missing you so much. I hope you had a wonderful time in the snow. We are going on holiday soon to Knysna. I'm still 7 but when I'm 8 you going to come home. Sarah&Craig you must bring me 2 presents when I'm 8 because you did'nt come to my party when I was 7. Love, saskia

    ReplyDelete